Monday, September 17, 2007

Stand up against defeat

Senator Clinton said recently that believing General Petraeus' testimony requires a 'willing suspension of disbelief.' I think it willingly suspends disbelief to not repudiate an advertisement run by a radical left wing organization that impugns and dishonors the integrity of a man who has served his nation with dedication all of his life. If you're not tough enough to repudiate a scurrilous, outrageous attack such as that, then I don't know how you're tough enough to be President of the United States.

I am prepared to be Commander-in-Chief and tough enough to face the challenges presented by a dangerous world. In fact, I'm the only candidate in this race prepared to be Commander-in-Chief from day one.

The choice we are presented with could not be more clear. Will we continue to support our new strategy in Iraq and the fight against Islamic extremists, as I've long advocated, or will we surrender in disgrace as the Democrats want us to do? For four years I've fought for more troops in Iraq, fought for the right strategy, and I will not give up the fight today as we are finally making progress on the ground. I will lead.

Right now I'm traveling through Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina talking about the success of the surge and countering the shameless propaganda being put forth by the extreme left, and I need your financial support to continue. I believe it is critical for voters to hear the truth about this new strategy and the success of our troops in Iraq, and your help will allow me to continue bringing this message to voters.

Unlike my opponents in the Democratic Party, I have absolutely no trouble denouncing this ad for what it is - an ill-informed, partisan attack ad that has no place in this serious debate about the safety and security of our nation.

America needs serious leaders ready to stand up to the tough challenges facing our nation. I'm running for President of the United States because I am prepared to lead and I understand the grave threats our nation must face.

I am out on the road, on the No Surrender Tour, spreading this message of support for our troops and support for the surge, and I need your help to get this message out. With your support, I will continue to stand strong.

Sincerely,

John McCain

No comments: